See how parenteral nutrition is made
We are delighted to offer a unique experience to existing PINNT members in partnership with Baxter
As part of HAN week, Baxter is offering existing PINNT parenteral nutrition (TPN/HPN) members the opportunity to visit the Baxter Thetford Compounding unit. We hope this will raise awareness of how a bag of parenteral nutrition is made; how technical it is and who makes it!
We have two dates to offer:
- Friday 14th September (morning session), 10am
- Thursday 27th September (afternoon session), 1pm
Baxter Healthcare Manufacturing - Thetford, Caxton Way,
Thetford, Norfolk IP24 3SE
Baxter has confirmed that you do not
need to be one of their homecare patients to apply.
Places are very limited; they have a busy schedule to meet, lots of parenteral nutrition and IV fluids need to be made. We are working within what they have kindly made available for PINNT.
- The morning session will start at 10am with light refreshments provided (Tea/coffee), depart by 12.30pm
- The afternoon session will start at 1pm with light refreshments provided (Tea/coffee), depart 3.30pm
Each session will be made up of the following :-
If you are interested in expressing an interest in attending, please read the following:
- A comprehensive tour of the PN aseptic compounding facility which provides HPN to Baxter@Home
- Meet and greet the team involved in making the PN in the unit
- Tour of the main Thetford terminally sterilised manufacturing facility featuring Automated production lines used to manufacture IV fluid bags supplied to home & hospital patients in the UK (optional time allowing on the day)
- At least one person in your group must be a PN patient; we cannot accept large groups, 2-4 max person PINNT member.
- You will be responsible for your own travel arrangements and costs.
- An expression of interest must be sent to email@example.com - the deadline for emails to be received is 20th August 2018, 5pm. You must inlcude the members full name, address and membership number. Exended by two days!
- Within a couple of days of the closing date you will be contacted.
- Places will be offered on a first come first served basis.
- Please only apply if you believe you are able to attend, Baxter is offering a marvellous opportunity, we cannot expect them to arrange it the people don't turn up on the day. We do fully appreciate individual situations.
- The premises are completely wheelchair friendly.