We are delighted to announce that we have teamed up with PINNT to become a Regional Support Group in East Yorkshire and Humberside. This group is currently only for adults on home parenteral nutrition (HPN/TPN).
We are a friendly group of patients and relatives who initially came together in 2013.
We use home Intravenous fluids, otherwise known as Parenteral Nutrition. As a group we listen, provide support and practical advice when needed. We understand how difficult it can be, not just the medical highs and lows but also emotionally and socially. We want to help build a network of support for everyone.
Our aim is to provide a friendly regional/local support network to discuss experiences and concerns from patients, carers and families. Dealing with conditions of your own or a family member can be difficult, so we want to offer support and a friendly point of contact for people in the area.
You are welcome to bring members of your family with you. They may also find it helpful to be involved.
The Group aims to:-
- Meet other patients and relatives.
- Provide helpful “Tips & Advice”.
- Good Opportunity to talk through any concerns privately or in small groups.
- Guest speakers are asked to attend.
- Listen to presentations chosen by us the patients.
- Updates in practice around central line care and pumps.
- Share holiday experiences and explore coping strategies.
- Make suggestions and feedback about the service.
- Run our group in line with PINNT's philosophy.
The group is facilitated by the Nutrition Specialist Nurses and supported by members of the Nutrition Team. We hold meetings twice a year in June & October at the Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals trust at the castle Hill site where the atmosphere is relaxing and friendly. Come and have a drink, Light snack & a chat! All are welcome.
Invitations and a programme of events are sent out the previous month.