Welcome to Home Artificial Nutrition (HAN) Week 2022
Your mission this week is to:
- Value yourself and the effort you put into your own care and treatment. If you care or support someone on HAN, you should be equally valued.
- The provision of home artificial nutrition (HAN) in the UK, our dedicated healthcare professionals and homecare services.
- If you receive HAN or care and support someone who does; what's your story, share it with people to educate them, not for sympathy but understanding.
- Do you provide a product or service that supports people on HAN?
- Are you a professional group who campaign or advocate for people on HAN?
- Where do you fit into the world of HAN?
- Engage with family, friends and colleagues, directly or via social media platforms to spread the word that HAN is vital for thousands of people in the UK to sustain life via special medical nutrition being prescribed when the normal route of eating and drinking is compromised.
- When you find the right opportunity, explain who you are, what you do and why. More people need to hear the balanced perspective of HAN, it's not always plain sailing and despite common treatments the vast number of conditions people have and are treated for, bring a variety of situations which for some are challenging on a daily basis.
- Be receptive to the pros and cons of HAN.
Lifesaving, life-changing home treatments! Similar treatments, for different reasons with varying impact on those receiving it and supporting people on it.
Daily activities will take place during the week - keep in touch via Facebook and Twitter: @PINNTcharity
This is an inclusive event, we welcome support from everyone, if we all do our bit to create, like and share posts, we will all be helping to raise awareness of Home Artificial Nutrition. Please tag @PINNTcharity into your posts too.
Find out our daily hash tags below - some information is given for each day but keep in touch with us throughout the week to find out about all our activities and information we will be sharing.