If you’ve arrived at this page then you’re thinking of supporting PINNT by doing a sponsored event or challenge to raise money for PINNT – thank you! Whether it's a sponsored run, walk, crawl, silence, skydive, coffee morning or book sale, use this handy guide to help you make the most of it.
1. Choose your event or challenge and decide on when and where it’s going to happen. If you’re not sure what you can do then take a look at our Fund Raising ideas list, here
2. Contact PINNT to inform us of what you are planning to do. We will raise the profile of your event or challenge and get the word out so that more people are aware of what you are doing. The more people that know the more you can raise! You can contact us here
3. Ask yourself how much money are you hoping to raise? Be brave and set yourself a target. Our experience has shown that people want to help you reach it and you’ll raise more if you do. It’s usually the case where sponsors aim to help you exceed your target so well worth setting a target. Also try to think about how much your effort deserves too!
4. It’s really easy to set up an online fundraising page so everyone can sponsor you even from a distance. The Virgin Money Giving website is an excellent site to do this and PINNT is already registered with them to make the whole process easier. You can access this page here
If you’re also taking round a physical sponsorship form. Download your sponsorship form here
5. Keep talking to your friends and family about what you’re up to and ask them to tell others about your fundraiser. If the event is something they can get involved in, ask them to be a part of it! Don’t be shy in promoting your own efforts.
6. Get all the details on Facebook and Twitter and any other social media platforms that you use or have access to. Make sure to provide a link to your online sponsorship page, so people can donate easily. Always point out that paper sponsor forms are available for those who do not like or trust web based donating, there are always some and we want you to raise every penny you can.
7. Don’t forget to mention why raising money for PINNT is so important. For more info on PINNT, the work that we do and how the money you raise will help, take a look here
8. On the day of the challenge or event, ask friends and family to help you as much as possible and do money collections if appropriate. Don’t forget to take photos and share on Facebook, tagging our page – PINNT on Facebook
. PINNT would love to see the amazing and inspiring fundraising ideas you’ve come up with!
9. We would love a feature for our magazine Online and the website. If you do not want to write this yourself appoint a friend or colleague, this will ensure it is recorded for all to see. We will help you to do this when you inform us of your fund raising event.
10. Let us know when the event has been completed and how much you are hoping to collect.
11. Please pay in all the money you raise as soon as possible, either online or to a bank. We will provide you with the necessary information once you have informed us when your fund raising activity as has been completed in line with point 10.
12. Last but by no means least – enjoy your event or challenge
. While you are doing this for a good cause we want you to remember it and possibly think about what you can do next!
Download a copy of this page here
Fundraising - Sponsored Event
Maybe you are a keen marathon runner, or the children want to do a sponsored silence, PINNT is always happy to hear from people who willing to fundraise in this way. Please get in touch with any of the committee giving as much notice as possible before the event. This will ensure that maximum publicity and support can be obtained. To make it easier for people to donate, and to save you having to physically collect money. If you click here
or where you see the Virgin Just Giving logo you will be able to create your own web page telling people about your event, sponsorship can then be made via this site direct to PINNT. When you are setting up your fundraising page follow the instructions, make your page as eye catching as possible, include photographs, maybe you could link it to a blog if you have to train for an event, how about keeping an online diary so that your sponsors can follow your progress. If you have difficulties in creating your webpage or making payments please contact PINNT’s Treasurer.
Virgin Money Giving
The easy and cost effective way to raise money online
Virgin Money is a fantastic website where you can set up your own fundraising page to pass to your friends, family and colleagues.
Virgin Money Giving sends your donations straight to us and reclaims Gift Aid* automatically on your behalf. £12.46 will reach us for every £10 you donate.** Follow these really simple steps to create your own fundraising page in just ten minutes.
10 ways to squeeze more out of your fundraising page
Tell a story -
- Go to virginmoneygiving.com and click ‘start fundraising’.
- Select the type of fundraising activity you’re doing.
- Either search for an event you’re taking part in, or enter the details of your fundraising activity.
- Pick us as your charity and set your fundraising target.
- Create your account and choose the address for your page.
- Personalise your page with your story, photos and more
Take every opportunity to tell people why you’re doing what you’re doing. Keep people coming back - Treat your Virgin Money Giving
page like a blog - add photos and updates whenever you can.
Make it personal -
Tailor your emails and text messages asking for sponsorship - and don’t forget to send out thank you messages afterwards.
Start close to home -
Ask your closest (and most generous) friends and family to sponsor you first - you may find other people match their donations.
Talk to your charity -
They might be able to give you stuff to use on your page or on letters, flyers and posters promoting your event.
Get Gift Aid -
Encourage your sponsors to give Gift Aid - it adds money to their donations without costing them any more.
Don’t leave your fundraising at home -
Promote your fundraising around work or school - use posters, flyers, message boards and the intranet.
Spread the word using social media -
Sites like Facebook and Twitter are free, easy to use and reach a large audience.
It’s never too late -
Keep asking people to sponsor you, even after you’ve finished your event.
Don’t forget to customise your Virgin Money Giving page:
- Add the photo gallery feature and share snaps of your fundraising.
- Personalise your page with your own content and links.
- Link up with your Facebook page.
Data Protection Act
PINNT is a registered Data Controller as defined within the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the processing of information we hold about you.
The Act provides that upon request you are entitled to receive details of this information. We do not share any details within any third parties without prior consent.
If you wish to request a copy of this information, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, PINNT, PO Box 3126, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 2XS