See how parenteral nutrition is made
We are delighted to offer a unique experience to existing PINNT memebrs, in partnership with Baxter
As part of HAN week, Baxter is offering existing PINNT parenteral nutrition (TPN/HPN) members the opportunity to visit the Baxter Thetford Compounding unit. We hope this will raise awareness of how a bag of parenteral nutrition is made; how technical it is and who makes it!
The venue will be: Baxter Healthcare Manufacturing - Thetford, Caxton Way,
Thetford, Norfolk IP24 3SE
Baxter has confirmed that you do not
need to be one of their homecare patients to apply.
Places are very limited; they have a busy schedule to meet, lots of parenteral nutrition and IV fluids need to be made. We are working within what they have kindly made available for PINNT.
Dates are not confimed yet but to offer an expression of interest in attending and being sent further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the following:
- A comprehensive tour of the PN aseptic compounding facility which provides HPN to Baxter@Home
- Meet and greet the team involved in making the PN in the unit
- Tour of the main Thetford terminally sterilised manufacturing facility featuring Automated production lines used to manufacture IV fluid bags supplied to home & hospital patients in the UK (optional time allowing on the day)
We will respond to all expressions of interst by the end of August 2019
- At least one person in your group must be a PN patient; we cannot accept large groups, 2-4 max person PINNT member.
- You will be responsible for your own travel arrangements and costs.
- Once dates are announced and you have further information, you will be expected to confirm your attendance as quickly as possible.
- Places will be offered on a first come first served basis.