The 1st World Home Artificial Nutrition (HAN) Day has been declared for this Sunday, 15th October 2017.
Please see PACIFHAN’s media release below and
PINNT is a founding member of PACIFHAN.
PACIFHAN celebrates the 1st World Home Artificial Nutrition (HAN) Day
15th October 2017
“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” ― Aristotle
Did you know there are people living with medical conditions that stop them from eating or absorbing food in the usual way? These people (including children) depend on artificial nutrition going either directly to their blood stream through a catheter (Parenteral Nutrition – PN) or to their intestine through a tube (Enteral Nutrition – EN).
PACIFHAN is the International Alliance of Patient Organisations for Chronic Intestinal Failure and Home Artificial Nutrition. Currently, there are nine patient organisations covering ten countries worldwide.
of HAN Consumers
|Australia and New Zealand
||250 – 300 (HPN)
||Pivots bez strove
||450 – 500 (HPN)
||2 500 (HPN), 8 000 (HEN)
||La Vie par un Fil
||3 000 (HPN), 16 440 (HEN)
||Un filo per la vita
||1 000 (HPN), 2 000 (HEN)
||Apetyt na zycie
||270 (HPN), 4 000 (HEN)
||Svenska HPN-föreningen barn & ungloomy
||2 000 (HPN), 30 000 (HEN)
||25 011 (HPN), 437 882 (HEN)
Together all PACIFHAN member organisations are striving towards six common goals:
- To be a trusted international reference on home artificial nutrition (HAN) from the patient’s perspective;
- To encourage the exchange of peer reviewed published medical-scientific information related to HAN;
- To assist HAN patients who wish to travel/stay abroad to seek guidance through the member association in the destination country affiliated with the international organization;
- To organize an annual general meeting that will be attended by a representative of each member association;
- To increase awareness of HAN;
- To improve the quality of life of HAN patients.
Help us celebrate the 1st
World HAN Day by sharing this message with others. You can also visit our website on www.pacifhan.org