Calling all PINNT members - a week dedicated to raising awareness by the sharing of your personal experience of home artificial feeding (HAN)!
It’s your life saver, or that of your child or family member - share this as widely as you can - the more people learn about it the better!
Previous HAN weeks have generated fabulous awareness; we aim to increase our activities and awareness year after year. What is interesting, is that we all need to learn from each other - both the medical aspect and the personal lifestyle choices and limitations of medical conditions and treatments.
All those also involved with HAN - you may be a patient benefiting from it, a spouse/partner supporting someone receiving it, a healthcare professional providing care for someone, an individual who works in the nutrition industry; provision of solutions, equipment or services - you all have a part in the unique journey and a story to share!
Those receiving either parenteral or enteral nutrition are the real focus of our week!
Tell your personal story:
Since our last HAN week, we are hearing more from members about the pressures of being unique; sadly some people feel burdened by social media and compare themselves to others. We want to celebrate the uniqueness and individuality of each of you - our theme for 2019 is 'This is me!' We have created a special logo for it too.
What you can do:
If you manage to gain any media coverage, do let us know and try to mention PINNT please.
Hold a fund raising/education event:
- Share it on social media, contact a local radio show or newspaper and tell them about the life-saving treatment that provides your/your child's nutrition and hydration.
- Explain how you/your child 'eat and drink' in a different way
- While sharing this, try to explain some positive messages that may trigger interest; have you/they achieved personal goals, returned to work/school/education, fulfilled a dream or basically beat all odds and returned home to the life you craved?
- Be prepared to be interviewed or take further questions.
- By all means share 'medical pictures' to help explain things but don't over share expecting people to like anything too medical; select images carefully.
- If you are a carer/parent/partner of someone on HAN; tell your story too! You are vital to the day-to-day lives of those on HAN. It affects you too!
Healthcare professionals, professional organisations, industry friends and colleagues:
- Invite friends, family or colleagues along and talk about your story and show them your equipment and explain all about the nutrition etc.
- Make it fun and encourage them to ask questions.
- Prepare and host a quiz after to see what they've learnt; offer a prize even host a raffle for PINNT.
- Join in by promoting your role with HAN.
- You make a big difference to our members; you're a vital role to the bigger picture of HAN!
- We need you, we value you and we seek your support during HAN week.
- Tell people all about your role; host information stations in the work place, ask colleagues to share their role too; let's make everyone who plays a pivital role in HAN feel valued!
- There will be patient/carers' stories
- An awareness video
- Supporting messages from other groups and associations
- A chance to be selected for a visit to a compounding unit for parenteral nutrition
- We will ask our Facebook followers to donate their profile picture for HAN week
- We will be launching a new patient resource for people who will be transitioning from paediatric to adults services. The first in a set of three new leaflets
- Our 'Living with Artificial Nutrition' booklet, launched last year, will now be available in printed format. All PINNT members will be able to request a personal copy FREE of charge.
- Commitments from other associations or industry friends to partner with PINNT to listen to patients and carers to help shape future activities
- Our annual get together and information day - Saturday 10th August 2019, 11.30am - 4.30 pm, Crowne Plaza, Birmingham City Centre. Contact email@example.com
- More may be added before and during HAN week...
You can download HAN week logos here:
Call to action to everyone - how you can join in!
Please download the template and share it on social media (Facebook and Twitter). If you email to PINNT on firstname.lastname@example.org we will upload them onto our new Instagram page.
It's easy as 1, 2, 3!
Pleased find below the final template for your use. If you are holding a meeting or information day, please use this to make posters, share stories or add information about you, your services and products that will help engagement with other people.
Share this a widely as possible on social media - remember to tag us in!
Please tag @PINNTcharity on Facebook and Twitter. pinntcharity on Instagram
#HAN2019 #HANweek2019 #thisisme
#enteralnutrition #parenteralnutrition #oralsupplements #HAN